When Whisky arrived at Belwade Farm...
Belwade Farm, Aberdeenshire
Visit our Belwade Farm Rescue and Rehoming Centre with its inviting new Visitor Centre and Bistro - perfect for a day out in Royal Deeside.
Things to do at Belwade Farm:
Meet the horses
Belwade Farm is home to around 65 horses at any given time, and our staff are on hand to provide brief histories and information about the progress these horses are making. Why not come and meet our adoption horse, Digger and also see which horses are ready to be rehomed?
Educational displays about our incredible work as well as our lovely shop selling all of our popular branded items. Tours of the farm at 11.30am and 2.30pm or by prior arrangement (subject to change).
Dates for the Diary:
- Haggis, Neeps and Tattie Weekend - £8.95 per head on the 23rd and 24th of January to celebrate Burns.
- Pancake Week – 10th February till 14th February – come along and enjoy a delicious freshly made pancake with a choice of toppings.
- Valentines Special - Sunday 14th February. Bring a friend, family member or loved on along and enjoy our scrumptious shortbread and strawberry tower with a choice of tea or coffee for £5.50 per head
- Mother’s Day – 6th March. Afternoon Tea for 2 including Tea or Coffee £15, Mother’s Day Roast Pork Dinner followed by Lemon Cheesecake £12 per head.
- Tack Sales – 13th March & 2nd October – Large selection of good quality items available for purchase.
- Easter Fun Day and Dog show – 27th March – fun activities for the whole family to come and enjoy. 11am till 3pm
- Groom Digger Sessions – 6th and 13th of April. Booking only by calling 013398 85398. More details shortly.
- Farrier Competition – 30th April & 1st May Chance for visitors to come along and watch the farriers at work.
- Fairy Day – 8th May – further details to be announced
- Belwade Farm Sponsored Dog Walk – further details to be announced shortly
Keep watching for our School Holiday activities for 2016!
Wonderful, fresh food made to order by our superb chef who has over 20 years experience in the industry. Whilst relaxing with a beautiful meal, you will be able to watch the horses being rehabiliated in our indoor school or enjoy the stunning views of Deeside from our decking.
New for 2016! Themed nights at Belwade Farm Bistro – dates and further information to be available soon…
Enjoy our Pensioners lunches on Thursdays from 12-2pm:
Soup & pudding £5.50
Fish of the day or
Steak Mince & mashed potato served with Vegetables and Skirlie
and pudding £7.50
Enjoy a nature walk
Our popular nature walks will take you through beautiful woodland, home to an abundance of wildlife, and along the River Dee as it travels through Aberdeenshire. From some of the high points you can see Lochnagar in the distance on a clear day. The longest walk covers five miles, but there are shorter routes! Maps are available from the Visitor Centre and dogs on leads are welcome.
Have a picnic
Bring along a picnic, relax and take in the picturesque scenery of the farm and its Royal Deeside home. We can provide your picnic for you if you call to order!
Celebrate your special occasion with us
Have you got a special day coming up? Do you need a venue for a wedding reception, reunion, anniversary celebration or birthday party? Look no further - we can help! Find out more about celebrating at Belwade...
Visitors can pick up a Fairy Hunt map from the Visitor Centre reception! Children and adults can then go in hunt off the Belwade Fairy houses and if they are lucky they might even see them flying around the Fairy woodland!
Built in March 2013 as a healing circle, it stands on the site of a previous circle. A fascinating tribute to Celtic history, the beautiful stones are not to be missed.
We are now a part of the Deeside Geotour and also have our own mini trail on the farm. For more information on Geocaching: www.geocaching.com
Belwade Farm is located in the breathtaking countryside of Royal Deeside, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, just off the A93 close to Kincardine O'Neil, AB34 5BJ.
Our address is: World Horse Welfare Belwade Farm Rescue and Rehoming Centre, Aboyne, Aberdeenshire, AB34 5BJ.
We are open all year Wednesday to Sunday, from 11am to 4pm. In addition to our public opening times, we also welcome group visits, and can tailor them to meet your requirements. Call the farm on 013398 85398 for more information.
*** Please note we are closed for from Christmas 20th December and reopen on the 20th January 2016 ***
Our Centre Manager
Eileen Gillen has been Centre Manager at our Aberdeenshire Rescue and Rehoming Centre since 1990. She helped set up the farm, which has since grown to be the largest receiving Centre in Scotland for equine cases subjected to neglect and ignorance from all areas of the horse world. Eileen has been involved in the training of horses and riders across the major disciplines, but particularly show jumping. She instigated the “whole horse approach” that is used at each of our farms when assessing and rehabilitating our horses.
How to find us
Events at this farm
Pancake week at Belwade Farm
Valentines Special at Belwade's Bistro
Mother's Day at Belwade Farm
Tack Sale at Belwade Farm
Easter Fun Day 2016 at Belwade Farm
Belwade Dog Show 2016
Groom Digger Session
Groom Digger Session
Fairy Day at Belwade Farm
Tack Sale at Belwade Farm