When Whisky arrived at Belwade Farm...
Belwade Farm, Aberdeenshire
Visit our Belwade Farm Rescue and Rehoming Centre with its inviting new Visitor Centre and Bistro - perfect for a day out in Royal Deeside.
Things to do at Belwade Farm:
Meet the horses
Belwade Farm is home to around 65 horses at any given time, and our staff are on hand to provide brief histories and information about the progress these horses are making. Why not come and meet our adoption horse, Digger and also see which horses are ready to be rehomed?
Educational displays about our incredible work as well as our lovely shop selling all of our popular branded items. Tours of the farm at 11.30am and 2.30pm or by prior arrangement (subject to change).
Dates for the Diary:
- Photography Exhibition - 15th June onwards, by Deeside Photography Club
- Falconry weekend - 18th and 19th June.
- Moth Trap and Pond Dip on Saturday 18th 10am till 12.30pm with the Marr Ranger and Aberdeenshire Council (FOC but booking essential)
- Sunday 19th June – Dinosaur Adventure Day. Family Fun Day out with lots of activities to entertain. Also Falconry Day (18th and 19th June) booking essential.
- Sunday 19th June – Fathers Day – Bistro Specials are available. Roast Dinners £9.95pp, Belwade Breakfast 10am till 11.30am Full Breakfast and coffee, tea or irn bru for £8.50pp.
- Sunday 25th September Clay Shoot
- Vet and Farriery talk - Date TBC - Joint Talk with Graham Hunter BVM&S, GPCert(EqP), Cert EP, CertAVP(ESO),MRCVS and Donald (Daffy) Nicol AWCF on the topic, "Farriers, how can we work best with them?"
- Tack Sale - 2nd October – Large selection of good quality items available for purchase.
- Friday 21st October – Biomechanics Fundraiser with Pauline Kidd
Wonderful, fresh food made to order by our superb chef who has over 20 years experience in the industry. Whilst relaxing with a beautiful meal, you will be able to watch the horses being rehabiliated in our indoor school or enjoy the stunning views of Deeside from our decking.
New for 2016! Themed nights at Belwade Farm Bistro – dates and further information to be available soon…
Enjoy our Pensioners lunches on Thursdays from 12-2pm:
Soup & pudding deal £5.50
Main course & pudding deal £7.50
Enjoy a nature walk
Our popular nature walks will take you through beautiful woodland, home to an abundance of wildlife, and along the River Dee as it travels through Aberdeenshire. From some of the high points you can see Lochnagar in the distance on a clear day. The longest walk covers five miles, but there are shorter routes! Maps are available from the Visitor Centre and dogs on leads are welcome.
Have a picnic
Bring along a picnic, relax and take in the picturesque scenery of the farm and its Royal Deeside home. We can provide your picnic for you if you call to order!
Celebrate your special occasion with us
Have you got a special day coming up? Do you need a venue for a wedding reception, reunion, anniversary celebration or birthday party? Look no further - we can help! Find out more about celebrating at Belwade...
Are you a dab hand at photography? Enter our latest competition!
Visitors can pick up a Fairy Hunt map from the Visitor Centre reception! Children and adults can then go in hunt off the Belwade Fairy houses and if they are lucky they might even see them flying around the Fairy woodland!
Built in March 2013 as a healing circle, it stands on the site of a previous circle. A fascinating tribute to Celtic history, the beautiful stones are not to be missed.
We are now a part of the Deeside Geotour and also have our own mini trail on the farm. For more information on Geocaching: www.geocaching.com
Belwade Farm is located in the breathtaking countryside of Royal Deeside, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, just off the A93 close to Kincardine O'Neil, AB34 5BJ.
Our address is: World Horse Welfare Belwade Farm Rescue and Rehoming Centre, Aboyne, Aberdeenshire, AB34 5BJ.
We are open all year Wednesday to Sunday, from 11am to 4pm. In addition to our public opening times, we also welcome group visits, and can tailor them to meet your requirements. Call the farm on 013398 85398 for more information.
*** Please note we are closed for from Christmas 20th December and reopen on the 20th January 2016 ***
Our Centre Manager
Eileen Gillen has been Centre Manager at our Aberdeenshire Rescue and Rehoming Centre since 1990. She helped set up the farm, which has since grown to be the largest receiving Centre in Scotland for equine cases subjected to neglect and ignorance from all areas of the horse world. Eileen has been involved in the training of horses and riders across the major disciplines, but particularly show jumping. She instigated the “whole horse approach” that is used at each of our farms when assessing and rehabilitating our horses.