Great to see Rosie getting on so well in her new home! https://t.co/7pt0h5HJlv
Rehomed Horse of the Year 2017
2016's winner World Horse Welfare Cappuccino and his rehomers.
All of our horses are very special, but now is your chance to showcase how amazing your World Horse Welfare horse or pony is by entering our Rehomed Horse of the Year competition 2017!
The World Horse Welfare Rehomed Horse of the Year 2017 categories are:
Enter the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials People’s Choice Rehomed Superstar category and you and your horse or pony could get a chance to perform at the 4* event. As their Charity of the Year, we and the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials will feature a finalists’ parade on the Thursday of the competition.
Simply send us a short written submission of 300 words explaining why your rehomed horse or pony is a superstar. This could be down to their amazing achievements in the competition ring, or they could have helped you and your family through a difficult time. Whatever it is that makes them a superstar, we want to hear about it! Please also accompany your entry with at least two high resolution photographs of your horse or pony. Video clips can also be accepted in addition to photographs if you have these available.
A shortlist will be chosen by World Horse Welfare and the public will then vote for their champion through social media with the prize giving to take place at the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials.
Rehomers wishing to enter this category must be able to travel to the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials on Thursday 31st August 2017 with their rehomed horse in order to take part in a finalist parade at Burghley in Stamford, Lincolnshire.
Is your rehomed horse or pony a mischief maker? Do their antics always put a smile on your face? Then this is the category for you! Entry will be by a short written submission of 300 words explaining why your rehomed horse or pony’s larger than life personality makes them a contender for the ‘Biggest Character’ accolade, accompanied by at least one high resolution photograph of them. We will also accept video clips in addition to photographs if you have these available.
(to be judged by World Horse Welfare Patron, Sara Cox)
There is a well-known saying that a dog is man’s best friend, but we absolutely believe that goes for horses and ponies too and this is your opportunity to show just how much your rehomed horse or pony’s companionship means to you and/or your family. Send us a short written submission of 300 words explaining why your rehomed horse or pony is the most loyal friend you could ever ask for, accompanied by at least one high resolution photograph of them. We will also accept video clips in addition to photographs if you have these available.
(to be judged by the Horse & Hound editorial team)
Has your horse or pony made an amazing transformation since being rehomed to you? Did you take on a youngster or project horse or pony who has made tremendous progress throughout their training? This category is for rehomed horses and ponies who have made great strides during their time with you – whether in their development, training or in the competition world – we want to hear all about it! Send us a short written submission of 300 words explaining why your rehomed horse or pony deserves this accolade, accompanied by at least one high resolution photograph of them. We will also accept video clips in addition to photographs if you have these available.
ENTRIES CLOSE 28th JULY 2017
- You may enter more than one category but please make it clear on your entry which one/s you are entering.
- Each entry must be accompanied by at least one high resolution photograph. You are welcome to send video files in addition if you have these available.
- Each entry must be no more than 300 words.
- Please provide your contact name, telephone number, address and email on your entry.
- Entries close on 28th July 2017. Any entries received after this date will not be considered.
- Supreme Champion will be formally announced in September 2017.
- Winners will be judged by World Horse Welfare staff, patrons and supporters as well as Horse & Hound and the team at the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials. The judges' choices are final.
- The prize is non-transferrable.
- The winners will be notified by World Horse Welfare - please provide a valid email address or phone number.
- World Horse Welfare will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures.
- Entrants must be horses, ponies or donkeys rehomed from World Horse Welfare.
- We love sharing your stories with all of our supporters as they often inspire more rehomers to come forward. If you are not happy for us to use your update for our publications or social media, please let us know
Each category's winner will be entered into our overall Championship. The winner will feature in our Newsletter and take part in a fantastic photo shoot. Our Supreme Champion will also have a wonderful short film produced in their honour.
You can enter by sending an electronic copy of your entry to Carys Samuel: email@example.com or by post to: Rehomed Horse of the Year 2017, World Horse Welfare, Anne Colvin House, Snetterton, NR16 2LR
If you have any questions or queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch by email or phone on: 01953 497248