Top tips for buying a horse
If you are considering buying a horse, here are 10 tips to help you ensure the legitimacy of the horse and the seller.
- Decide what you need.
- Never buy unseen.
- Bring an experienced horse person with you.
- Check identification.
- Get the horse vetted.
- Make sure the horse is fit for purpose.
- Ensure the vendor is reputable.
- Beware of return agreements.
- Get a written receipt.
- And most importantly…Always consider the cost and commitment.
Remember you can always call our Advice Line on 01953 497 238.
Why buy when you can rehome?
We hope you will consider rehoming over buying, and give a horse in need a second chance in life. All our horses are fully MOT’d by the vet and farrier and come with a passport, microchip and the honest facts about their temperament and abilities. Visit the rehoming pages of our website today to see the wide variety of horses and ponies looking for new homes.