Quite simply, your donations help improve the welfare of horses. To help you support us in the ways that are right for you, we offer many different opportunities to help:
- You can help to support horses and ponies through fundraising by taking part in an event, for example, an exhilarating and unique challenge ride, or organising your own event, such as a cake bake, sponsored ride or plant sale. Find out more ...
- Companies and individuals can sponsor the rehabilitation of a horse; we also work with companies to engage their own staff or clients, offering bespoke fundraising opportunities.
- You might receive our fundraising appeals through the post, enabling you to support an urgent challenge facing horses. If you do not wish to receive these, or only wish to receive appeals on certain issues, please contact us: +44 (0)1953 497 239 or email@example.com
You can become a member which is a great way to help horses while experiencing the wonderful benefits of being part of the World Horse Welfare family.
You can donate through advertisements we place in newspapers or online, or …..
- From time to time we do run a campaign on TV, which helps us to reach new audiences, and helps raise awareness of the challenges facing horses.
- You can enjoy adopting a horse from one of our four centres and receive updates on how they are getting on. You can also meet your adopted horse in person when the centres are open.
- Our raffle offers a new and exciting way to support horses, with the chance to win a top prize!
- Gifts in Wills - many of you like to leave a lasting legacy for horses and remember World Horse Welfare in your Will. Find out more ....
- See how your donations are making a difference, and choose to give more where you want: our own newsletter is produced in-house three times a year and highlights the work being done on behalf of horses at risk here and all over the world. Many supporters simply ask to receive a copy of World Horse Welfare News so they can decide which area of our work resonates most with them and respond with a donation at a time that suits them.
We want to ensure you feel joy out of giving, and making a difference, and our Fundraising team is here to help you do that.
Why do we use these methods to fundraise?
Because they are effective: every £1 we invest in fundraising generates another £3.50 to help prevent the suffering of horses. Quite simply if we did not fundraise, we would not be able to help the many thousands of horses we do each year.
We are a charity which does not receive any government or national lottery funding and are fully self-supporting through voluntary donations from the public. Therefore fundraising is essential in securing our charity’s future and without the support of both new and existing donors we simply would not be able to continue our work improving the lives of so many horses both in the UK and around the world.
Be assured, any fundraising activity which is managed with partner organisations is closely monitored by our team and in the case of any cause for concern we act swiftly to find a resolution. Requests to stop receiving information are completed immediately with the option to provide feedback if desired. If you are unhappy with our fundraising at any time, for any reason, please contact us at the details below.
There are many ways in which people can support World Horse Welfare including volunteering, using our online shop to buy gifts, adopting a horse, setting up a Tribute Fund, campaigning, rehoming a once abused or neglected horse, running an event, spreading the word about our work, becoming a member and indeed giving a one-off or regular donation. Find out more ....
Everything that you do to help horses in need is hugely valuable and makes a tangible difference to horse welfare worldwide.
If you would like to discuss anything about the ways in which we fundraise to help horses then please just call us on +44 (0)1953 497 239 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint about our fundraising, view our complaints procedure.