If the horse or pony you look after or ride were to injure a member of the public or cause damage to their property, or worse, how would you cope financially?
At a cost of just £52 per year, our ChampionPlus Membership can help give you peace of mind with Personal Accident Insurance and Public Liability Insurance while also improving the welfare of horses.
What is insured?
Public Liability Insurance
For up to £10million for any one claim in respect of:
- Accidental bodily injury to any person other than any other member of the member’s family or household.
- Accidental loss of or damage to property other than property belonging to or in the care, custody or control of the member or member of the member’s family or household or a person in their service.
- The policy will only respond in the event that there is no other insurance in place to cover the loss. In the event alternative cover is in place the policy will operate as an excess protection up to the £10 million limit.
Arising out of the member’s use and/or ownership and/or control of a horse(s) or horse drawn vehicles(s) and direct participation by the member in other horse related activities of a non-business nature.
A £250 excess applies in respect of Third Party Property Damage claims.
Personal Accident Insurance:
- Accidental death, loss of sight or limb and permanent total disablement up to a maximum benefit of £10,000.
- Cover applies whilst the member is engaged in any horse related activity which is defined as the care and handling and recreational riding of horses including mounting, driving and dismounting of horse drawn vehicles.
- The policy does not cover any loss of earnings.
If you would like more information or would like to take out our ChampionPlus Membership, please email us at email@example.com or call our membership team on 01953 497 270. Our lines are open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
World Horse Welfare are an appointed representative of South Essex Insurance Brokers Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Public Liability is underwritten by Markel Insurance Company Limited; Personal Accident is underwritten by RSA and veterinary fees are underwritten by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited.
All our membership plans also give you the following benefits
- World Horse Welfare newsletter three times a year
- World Horse Welfare lapel badge
- Invitation to Members Days at our farms
**Terms, Conditions and Territorial limits apply. Please see the Terms and Conditions.
The membership cost is inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax at 12.00%