If you own or loan one or more horses, this policy could be perfect for you.
Our ChampionPlus Membership with Veterinary can help give you peace of mind with Personal Accident Insurance, Public Liability Insurance and veterinary fee cover for equine accidental external injury.
This insurance is only available for people residing in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
What is insured?
Accidental external injury Veterinary fees insurance
For any leisure horse or pony aged over 30 days old. One policy can cover multiple horses in your care:
Veterinary or complementary treatment to treat an accidental external injury during the period of membership and within the geographical limits up to the sum insured.
- Maximum of £1,500 per claim and in the aggregate during the period of membership.
- Up to 50% of the cost of livery and transport associated with or required for the aforementioned treatment.
- The policy holder must own the horse/pony or have on full loan with a written loan agreement.
- The policy does not cover the member for professional competition or trade business use.
- Excess of £165 which applies to each and every claim.
Public Liability Insurance
For up to £10million for any one claim in respect of:
- Accidental bodily injury to any third party other than any other member of the member’s family or household.
- Accidental loss of or damage to property other than property belonging to or in the care, custody or control of the member or member of the member’s family or household or a person in their service.
- The policy will only respond in the event that there is no other insurance in place to cover the loss. In the event alternative cover is in place the policy will operate as an excess protection up to the £10 million limit
Arising out of the member’s use and/or ownership and/or control of a horse(s) or horse drawn vehicles(s) and direct participation by the member in equine activities other than the equine excluded activities as defined in the policy schedule.
A £250 excess applies to each claim for Third Party Property Damage claims.
Personal Accident Insurance:
- Accidental death, loss of sight or limb and permanent total disablement and also extends to include loss of hearing and permanent partial disablement up to a maximum benefit of £10,000. (Cover in respect of Accidental death is limited to £5,000 in respect of persons under the age of 16.)
- Cover applies whilst the member is engaged in any horse related activity which is defined as the care and handling and recreational riding of horses including mounting, driving and dismounting of horse drawn vehicles.
- The policy does not cover any loss of earnings.
- Cover is provided up to the age of 76 years.
If you would like more information or would like to take out our ChampionPlus with Veterinary Membership, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our membership team on 01953 497 270. Our lines are open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
World Horse Welfare are an appointed representative of SEIB Insurance Brokers Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Public Liability is underwritten by Markel International Insurance Company Limited; Personal Accident is underwritten by Zurich Insurance plc and Veterinary fees are underwritten by Convex UK Limited.
All our membership plans also give you the following benefits
- World Horse Welfare newsletter three times a year
- Invitation to Members Days at our farms
Terms, Conditions and Territorial limits apply. Please see the Terms and Conditions.
The membership cost is inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax at 12.00%
- Affinity Personal Accident Insurance Policy Wording
- Personal Accident Insurance Product Information Document
- Personal Accident Members Schedule
- Public Liability Insurance Policy Wording
- Public Liability Insurance Policy Schedule
- Public Liability Insurance Product Information Document
- ChampionPlus with Veterinary Master Policy Wording
- Veterinary Fees Insurance Product Information Document